No matter what, good luck........

| 2 Comments
By now you should have all either received your decisions or been online to check. While the best part of our jobs is getting students excited about Olin, the worst part is knowing that not everyone that we want will get in. Every single person who came to Candidates' Weekends is amazing and multi-talented. Please know that getting letters from colleges can be really exciting, stressful, exhilarating, and saddening, sometimes all at once. It's a really difficult process to go through, but it becomes easier when you keep in mind that you will end up at the right school and that soon you will be so excited to finally go off to college it won't matter what other schools you did or didn't get into. Also, it's a good practice for other hard decisions that you will have to make as an adult, like what job to take, what career to follow, who to marry, where to live, what house to buy, and all the things you will be worrying about in no time. Plus, here's something about being an adult that people often neglect to mention: no one who really matters cares where you went to college. They care that you do a good job, that you are a good person, that you do the right thing and are kind to others. Those are things that you don't learn in college. You are, essentially, already the person you will be in 4 years, and no school will make that any different. We invited each and every one of you to Candidates' Weekends because we knew that you were phenomenal in some way. Wherever you go, that won't change at all. Good luck, and all of our best for a wonderful future. -Emily and Caitilin Emily.Moscol@olin.edu Caitlin.Clark@olin.edu

2 Comments

To All at Olin,

While I know now of my admission decision, I would like to thank you all, Caitlin, Emily, Mr. Nolan,and more for all that you have given to me and my family. Olin truly is a wonderful place and atmosphere and I do thank you for your decision to let me come to Candidate's Weekend 2. I am a bit disheartened, but it does not change my supportive view of the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering. Thank you again for your graces, your time, and your patience.

Sincerely,
Sankalp Bhatnagar

Ladies, a beautifuly worded letter to those who are suffering the disappointment. And an equally beautiful email from Sankalp.

Ellen

Recent Comments

• Ellen: Ladies, a beautifuly worded letter to those who are suffering read more
  • Sankalp Bhatnagar: To All at Olin, While I know now of my read more

Archives